Qualifications : JP, BCom, University of Canterbury, LLB (Hons), University of Waikato, AAMINZ.
Michelle is an Associate with Tompkins Wake, based in Rotorua. In addition to her experience working in a large regional law firm, Michelle also worked for the Ministry of Justice where she was a Disputes Tribunal Referee.
Michelle has specific expertise in employment law and immigration issues and has a particular interest in cross-cultural disputes. She acts on a wide range of employment and immigration matters including assisting with immigration applications and acting for parties in employment disputes. She also provides independent employment investigation services.
Michelle is an Associate of the Arbitrators and Mediators Institute of New Zealand and an appointed member of the Mediation Panel. She acts as a mediator in a wide range of HR, civil and commercial disputes. Michelle is a guest lecturer and assessor at Te Piringa Law Faculty of Waikato University for the Year 4 Mediation paper teaching both Ethics and Privilege.
Areas of expertise
- Civil Litigation
- Consumer Law
- Employment Law
- Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Employment Agreements and Policies
- Employing Migrants
- Obtaining Residence and Citizenship
- Employer Accreditation
- Family Based Visas
- Global Impact Visas
- Investor Based Applications
- Character and Health Waiver Requests
- Section 61 Applications
- Immigration and Protection Tribunal Appeals
- Requests for Ministerial Intervention
- Consumer Guarantees Act
- Immigration Advice
- Justice of the Peace
- Associate of the Arbitrators and Mediators Institute of New Zealand