Qualifications : LLB, BCom, University of Auckland.
Joseph is a member of our corporate commercial team and assists clients with a wide range of commercial matters. He works with clients in the early stage and venture capital space and has a particular focus on the software and gaming industries.
Joseph has a background in intellectual property, focused on trade marks and copyright as well as IP licensing and other commercial aspects of intellectual property. Joseph has assisted individuals, SMEs and global corporates with their intellectual property portfolios and related commercial matters in New Zealand and around the rest of the world.
Joseph is focused on ensuring clients receive the best advice and the best outcomes to help meet their goals. Joseph is of Ngāti Maniapoto and Ngāi Te Rangi descent.
Areas of expertise
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercialisation of Intellectual Property
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Structuring/Restructuring
- Fair Trading Act/Passing Off actions
- Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Shareholder Agreements
- Trade Mark and Brand Strategy
- Trade Mark Prosecution and Dispute Resolution
- Copyright Advice and Protection Strategies
- Intellectual Property Protection and Development
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property Identification/Audits
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- AJ Park (June 2019 - November 2021)
- Baldwins Intellectual Property (March 2015 - May 2019)