Qualifications : BA, LLB, University of Waikato.
Kate is a Partner in our Property team specialising in leasing and commercial property transactions. Kate works with developers and investors across their commercial property portfolio's to facilitate the sale and acquisition of property including due diligence and financing. Kate also specialises in local government property law working with local authorities throughout the central North Island.
Of Ngati Maniapoto descent, Kate has a strong focus on her own iwi interests and the wider Maori community and is a representative for her hapu Ngawaero on Waipa District Council's consultative committee Nga Iwi o Topu o Waipa. Kate leads our Maori Business practice and works with local government and private entities, advising on complex Maori land law issues and on working effectively with Maori and iwi engagement ensuring seamless advice for whanau, hapu and iwi clients.
Kate has been practicing law since 2004, joining Tompkins Wake in 2013 and was promoted to Partner in 2018.
Areas of expertise
- Acquisition finance
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Property Transactions
- Subdivisions and Property Development
- Commercial Leasing
- Mortgagee Sales
- Recommended Lawyer, Real Estate and Construction, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 and 2022
- Director, Hamilton Airport (Waikato Regional Airport Ltd)
- Trustee, Tamahere Model Country School
- Tompkins Wake, 2013 - present
- Bell Gully, 2011 - 2012
- Blake Dawson, 2009 - 2011
- Buddle Findlay, 2004 - 2009