Qualifications : LLB, BA, University of Canterbury.
Daniel is an employment law specialist with a reputation for providing pragmatic, timely and easy-to-understand advice.
Daniel represents employers of all sizes in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, freight and logistics and retail. He has also assisted a number of senior executives and CEOs in negotiating the start or the ending of their employment. Clients appreciate Daniel's collaborative and concise approach to solving their employment law problems.
If disputes cannot be resolved by negotiation or mediation, Daniel is a skilled litigator. He regularly appears on behalf of his clients in the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court.
With deep expertise and experience in health and safety, Daniel assists clients in relation to complying with their legislative obligations. He also works with clients following health and safety incidents during WorkSafe New Zealand investigations and has appeared in the District Court in relation to health and safety prosecutions.
Daniel is regularly instructed by employers to undertake external workplace investigations. His recent work includes investigating allegations of bullying, harassment and breaches of the duty of fidelity.
Areas of expertise
- Employment Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employment Relations
- Health and Safety
- Industrial Relations
- Organisational Restructuring
- Serious Misconduct
- Redundancies and Dismissals
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Disciplinary Investigations and Dismissals
- Equal Employment Opportunities
- Tompkins Wake, 2022 - present
- Douglas Erickson, 2016 - 2022
- Kiely Thompson Caisley, 2005 - 2016
- Duncan Cotterill, 1999-2005
- Doyles Guide, Recommended Lawyer, Employment and Safety Law, 2022