To make an appointment, please contact Karen Cameron email@example.com
Qualifications : BA, LLB, University of Auckland.
Michael is a corporate/commercial lawyer specialising in mergers, acquisitions and disposals, financial markets, private equity and funds, and corporate, commercial and general advisory.
Michael holds an LLB from the University of Auckland, and is admitted as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand (2001) and as a solicitor in England and Wales (2007).
Michael initially spent five years with one of New Zealand’s leading national commercial firms before moving to London where he worked in the corporate department of Mayer Brown. Upon his return to New Zealand, he joined a boutique commercial law firm as a partner. Michael joined Tompkins Wake as a partner in 2019.
Areas of expertise
- Capital Raising
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Advisory
- Corporate Restructuring
- Inbound Investment
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Shareholder Agreements
- Commercial Disputes
- Financial Markets Corporate Governance
- Private Equity and Investment Funds
- Corporate Insolvency
- Michael is a member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association, and holds the position of Jurisdictional Committee Member for New Zealand.
- Tencent Holdings on a series of investments in a number of New Zealand game development companies, including two current on-going investments.
- Optimal Workshop on a substantial capital raise and secondary sale to Pioneer Capital.
- A leading Australasian digital travel agency on its capital raising and media deployment programme.
- Rocos Global on its capital raising and subsequent sale to Drone Deploy Inc.
- A joint venture between an Australian solar developer and German investment fund for NZ$1 billion large-scale solar development.
- A number of venture capital and investment funds on establishment, capital raising and a range of subsequent investment activities.
- Recently appointed to the legal advisory panel of one of New Zealand’s leading, government-backed venture capital investment funds, and currently engaged in a number of preliminary advisory assignments for their recently closed third fund.
- Advisor to JV partner in Spring Sheep Milk Co.
- A software developer involved in project management and pricing tools for the Australasian building industry raising growth capital ahead of a planned ASX listing.