Qualifications : BCom, LLB University of Auckland.
Tom is a corporate and commercial law specialist with more than 20 years’ experience practicing law. Tom joined Tompkins Wake in 2012 and acts as a trusted advisor to private and public companies and family offices, using his extensive experience to deliver pragmatic advice tailored to meet commercial objectives.
A recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 for Asia Pacific, Tom leads our Auckland office and is also a member of Tompkins Wake’s Board of Partners.
I've enjoyed working with Tom Arieli over many years and have found his counsel valuable and reliable. He is able to provide the legal view, with a good balance of commercial practicality.
- Client Feedback, The Legal 500, Asia Pacific Region, Corporate and M&A 2022
Areas of expertise
- Capital Raising
- Corporate Advisory
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Employee Share Schemes
- Joint Ventures
- Limited Partnerships
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts and Asset Protection
- Corporate Insolvency
- Director, Depot Investments Ltd
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society and the Institute of Directors
- Tompkins Wake, Board of Partners
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate and M&A in The Legal 500 for Asia Pacific 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
Tom has advised:
- Property Suite, a leader in the NZ property tech industry, on the sale of its business to MRI Software, a global leader in real estate software.
- Vivo Beauty on an investment by private equity firm, Castlerock Partners.
- McGrathNicol, the administrators of Wirecard NZ, on the sale of the NZ and Australian businesses of Wirecard NZ to ASX listed Change Financial.
- Israeli biotech company Algatech in relation to its investment in Supreme Health, a New Zealand manufacturer of health supplements. This is believed to be the first biotech deal between New Zealand and Israel.
- KCL Property, New Zealand’s largest property syndicator with $850m of property under management, on the sale of the business to listed fund manager Augusta Capital Limited.
- Cardlink Group on its sale to NYSE-listed company, FleetCor Technologies Inc.
- The owners of Apex Valves Limited on the sale of a majority shareholding in the business to NYSE-listed Watts Water Technologies.
- A private investment company on the acquisition of The Ultimate Care Group Limited, a nationwide residential aged care services provider, from ANZ Capital.
- ASX-listed Skydive The Beach Group on its acquisition of Skydive Queenstown and Skydive Wanaka.
- Havas Worldwide on its entry into the NZ advertising and media market through the acquisition of local agency, Mr Smith.
- Coeur Mining Inc. on the acquisition Todd Corporation's joint venture interest in the Golden Cross gold mine.
- FleetCor Technologies Inc. on the New Zealand aspects of its US$3.45 billion refinancing and acquisition of Comdata Inc.