Our Governance Advisory team comprises senior corporate lawyers and Board Dynamics, New Zealand's leading governance consultancy led by founder and Managing Director Henri Eliot. In 2021 Tompkins Wake acquired a 50% stake in Board Dynamics to provide clients access to another level of service from experts they can trust.
The collective knowledge and deep experience of our team mean we rarely encounter a situation that is unique or new to us.
Our specialist team advise boards, independent directors, and other interested parties on a full suite of legal and governance services, from board evaluation, director recruitment and mediation, to advising on director duties, regulatory issues and compliance, shareholder agreements, and helping resolve board and shareholder disputes.
Board Dynamics has placed over 350 directors in New Zealand and global companies. With a confidential online review process, Board Dynamics can evaluate a board's skills and performance providing valuable insights essential for effective governance and minimising risk.
Areas of Expertise:
- Board establishment
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Conflicts of interest
- Board and board committee composition requirements, charters, delegations, legal responsibilities and directors' duties
- Best practice requirements for boards, committees, individual directors and officers
- Board member induction
- Liability of directors and officers under the Companies Act and other relevant legislation
- Information protocols
- Meeting procedure and conduct requirements of directors and shareholders
- Public disclosure and reporting requirements
- Executive and board remuneration structures.
- Succession planning for Board and C-Suite
- Compliance issues for New Zealand companies operating globally (through our referral network of Multilaw firms).
- Compliance issues for international companies operating in New Zealand