Qualifications : LLB, University of Waikato.
Melissa has been working in law since 2000, initially as a legal assistant, then a registered legal executive. Melissa completed her Law Degree through Waikato and commenced as a Solicitor after being admitted to the Bar in 2013.
Melissa has worked at a large firm in the Bay of Plenty and more recently at Lava Law in Rotorua. This has resulted in Melissa obtaining a broad range of legal knowledge, and she can assist with most matters involving property and/or private client law. Melissa has a specific expertise in estate planning and estate administration, including complex matters which arise from estate administration.
Areas of expertise
- Charities and Incorporated Societies
- Commercial Property Transactions
- Estate Management and Administration
- Kiwisaver HomeStart Applications
- LINZ Registrations
- Local Government Property
- Maori Land
- Refinancing and Restructuring
- Residential Property Transactions
- Retirement Village - Applications/Settlements
- Retirement Villages
- Rural Property
- Unit Titles
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Relationship Property Settlements
- Commercial Leasing
- Mortgagee Sales
- Acquisition and Sale
- Deputy Chair of the Waiariki Women's Refuge.