Qualifications : BA, LLB (Hons), University of Waikato.
Karina joined Tompkins Wake in 2009 as a graduate and has progressed her career within the firm to establish herself as an Employment Law specialist working with our clients to protect their commercial interest providing pragmatic advice to manage and mitigate risk.
Karina's employment practice includes advising clients on employment agreements, industrial relations and collective bargaining, policy development, organisational restructuring including redundancy and consultation.
Areas of expertise
- Collective Bargaining
- Coronial Inquests
- Employment Agreements
- Employment Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employment Relations
- Health and Safety
- Industrial Relations
- Personal Grievances
- Privacy Act
- Organisational Restructuring
- Serious Misconduct
- Redundancies and Dismissals
- Corporate Insolvency (Employment Context)
- Open Country Dairy v Boyd Nelson - Employment Relations Authority, termination of employment by way of medical incapacity as well as claims of discrimination.
- Karina has been Lead counsel in numerous employment cases and issues and has also been involved in the resolution of major issues for local authorities and large corporates.
Proposed Employment Law Changes
The Labour-led Government has recently announced the first round of the employment law reforms that it promised pre-election. Although changes were e...
Employment law reforms announced
The Labour-led coalition Government has recently announced the first round of the employment law reforms that it promised pre-election. Although chan...