To make an appointment, please contact Eden Rogers email@example.com
Qualifications BA, LLB (Hons), University of Auckland.
Helen is currently on parental leave. Please contact Eden Rogers for an alternative lawyer in her absence.
Helen is a senior associate in the dispute resolution team at Tompkins Wake. Helen specialises in family law, including relationship property disputes, claims against estates and trusts, spousal maintenance, contracting out and separation agreements, parenting disputes and domestic violence.
Helen completed her law degree at the University of Auckland in 2012. She graduated with Law (Honours) in 2013 and received the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence.
Helen is a regular contributor to the New Zealand Law Society Family Advocate, a quarterly, nationwide publication.
Areas of expertise
- Child Support
- Dissolution (Divorce)
- Relationship Property Disputes
- Spousal Maintenance
- Relationship Property Agreements
- Contracting Out/Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Parenting/Care of Children Disputes
- Family Violence
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Family Protection Act Claims
- Doyles Guide, Rising Star, Family and Relationship Property, 2023
- Helen is a committee member of the Auckland District Law Society Family Law Committee
- Helen is also a member of the NZLS Family Law Section and a regular contributor of articles for The Family Advocate.
Helen has written the following articles for the Family Advocate:
- ‘On the horns of a dilemma’ The Family Advocate, Autumn 2018, Volume 19, Issue 3
- ‘Parents demand repayment of loan on breakdown of daughter's relationship’ The Family Advocate, Autumn 2017, Volume 18, Issue 3
- ‘Interim maintenance orders - how many can the Family Court make?’ The Family Advocate, Winter 2017, Volume 18, Issue 4
- ‘Court of Appeal: $1 million sufficient provision for daughter’ The Family Advocate, Summer 2017, Volume 19, Issue 2
- ‘Cross-examination in an interlocutory application in the Family Court’ The Family Advocate, Summer 2017, Volume 18, Issue 2
Opening a window on separation
The recent news that Bill and Melinda Gates have decided to separate came as a shock to many people, as the high-profile philanthropic couple have bee...
Are you dating or in a de facto relationship?
One issue that commonly arises is whether a couple are in a de facto relationship.The reason why this is so important, is that the equal sharing rules...